There are a few things that can cause itchy skin here are the most common we’ve found in people with psoriasis or eczema.
Listed Below Are Common Causes of Itchy Skin AND What To Do About It
- Eating foods that are “hot or warm” in nature (nothing to do with temperature).
- Congested Liver
- EMF (electromagnetic frequency) exposure
In this article we’re going to do a quick dive into what you can do about each one of these problems.
Eating The Right Foods To Soothe Itchiness
All foods have a category or property in Persian tradition and many other traditions around the world. The most common charts refering to food properties you’ll find online are from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
Simply put to help avoid itchy skin you’ll need to avoid foods that have “Hot” properties and reduce foods that have “Warming” properties. This has nothing to do with the temperature of the food but rather how that food affects your internal organs.
Here is a very basic chart to help you understand the principles. This is only a partial chart. You can download the more complex chart here.
If your itchy skin is food related Flixweed seeds are a quick effective way to soothe the itch internally.
You can see how to prepare them and a bit more information about them below. We haven’t been able to find any consistently reliable source to buy them online. However you can always find them here.
How we prepare flixweed seeds to drink.
While we only suggest drinking the seeds to “Cool your blood” and sooth the itch, we thought it would be helpful to put more general information about Flixweed since it is a very old cure all for many things. The below information is totally optional to read, but will broaden your knowledge on this amazing plant.
If drinking flixweed seeds hasn’t soothed your itch within 5 minutes then the source of your itchy skin is possibly not food related.
Medicinal use of Flixweed:
A poultice of the plant has been used to ease the pain of toothache. The juice of the plant has been used in the treatment of chronic coughs, hoarseness and ulcerated sore throats. A strong decoction of the plant has proved excellent in the treatment of asthma. The flowers and the leaves are antiscorbutic and astringent. The seed is considered to be cardiotonic, demulcent, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, restorative and tonic. It is used in the treatment of asthma, fevers, bronchitis, oedema and dysentery. It is also used in the treatment of worms and calculus complaints. It is decocted with other herbs for treating various ailments. The seeds have formed a special remedy for sciatica. A poultice of the ground up seeds has been used on burns and sores.
Edible parts of Flixweed:
Young leaves and shoots – cooked. A bitter flavour. Used as a potherb. Seed – raw or cooked. A pungent taste, it is used as a mustard substitute. The seed can be ground into a powder, mixed with cornmeal and used to make bread, or as a thickening for soups etc. It can also be sprouted and added to salads etc. A nourishing and cooling beverage can be made by mixing the ground up seeds with water to make a thin batter. The seed contains 25.5 – 29.9% protein, 26.9 – 39.7% fat and 3.6 – 3.9% ash on a zero moisture basis.
While we’re on the subject of food and stomachs here is another tip that can help greatly improve your skins health.
Bentonite Clay For Removing toxins from the body
Some people ingest bentonite clay with the aim of removing toxins from the body. This may be one of its most well studied benefits.
Various studies suggest that bentonite clay may reduce the effects of toxins.
For example, a study on chicks found that bentonite clay reduced the effects of a toxin called aflatoxin B1, which comes from certain types of mold. Chicks that received a concentrated bentonite clay product had fewer toxic effects than those who did not receive the clay.
Another studyTrusted Source looked at the effects of montmorillonite clay, which is very similar to bentonite clay, on reducing toxins in children in Ghana, West Africa. In the study area, aflatoxins in homemade nutritional supplements are linked with poor growth and related disabilities.
The researchers found that children who received a calcium montmorillonite clay product each day for 2 weeks had fewer signs of aflatoxins in their urine than those who did not receive it.
In a small-scale animal study, rats consumed wastewater that contained cyanide. Researchers gave some of the rats various amounts of bentonite clay or a placebo. Those that received the most clay had the lowest amount of the toxin in their bodies after 3 weeks.
Scientists need to conduct more research before they can confirm that bentonite clay is safe and effective for use in humans.
How to use bentonite clay
Mix up to 1 teaspoon (tsp) of bentonite clay with 6–8 ounces (oz) of purified water and drink once per day.
People can buy bentonite clay powder in drug stores or choose from many brands online. Be sure to choose a form of clay that the manufacturer has labeled as edible.
Bentonite Clay for Detoxifying the skin
You can also make a paste and add it directly to your itchy patch for a few minutes and then rinse off. Many people have had great temporary relief with this method.
As you know, these are temporary measures just to get some relief while your body does the real healing internally which if you’ve been through our Free “Axe Your Skin Condition” Training, you’ll know these things.
Congested Liver and What To Do About It
Generally speaking our skin is almost a direct reflection of our liver health. This being said you can just have a look at your skins health right now and see what’s going on, this is why it’s so important to spend some serious liver pampering time regularly. Below are things you can do that will help detoxify, strengthen and refresh your liver.
How To Decongest and Cleanse Your Liver
- A good liver tonic such as Swedish Bitters (also called digestive bitters) is vital to support the liver’s ability to detoxify and eliminate.
- Your liver has a high requirement for the antioxidants found in vegetables, particularly leafy greens. Antioxidants help to protect your liver cells from damage while they are detoxifying your bloodstream. The antioxidants in vegetables also help to protect your skin cells from free radicals, and therefore premature aging. Ideally you would consume one or two large vegetable salads each day. Some of the vegetables you consume should be raw.
- Omega 3 supplements – either fish oil or vegan DHA. Some chronic skin problems, such as very dry skin, dermatitis or psoriasis require large doses of fish oil – doses vary from two to four capsules three times daily just before food. Fish oil does thin the blood, so please check with your doctor if you are taking blood thinning medication.
- Selenium – this can be taken daily. Selenium drops– Selenium is a mineral that exerts anti-inflammatory effects in the body and is necessary for the production of the antioxidant glutathione.
- Intermittent fasting – Simply skip a meal once in awhile, this will force your liver to clean house a bit. If you can go up to 3 days on just water this is a MAJOR clean out time for your liver and you’ll feel worlds better. It’s best to start by just skipping a meal once in a while and although it’s not comfortable it’s a HUGE help to your liver, gut and other organs. Build up to a longer 3 day fast slowly as you feel confident, or just work up to a 24 hour fast.
The Liver Problem That Starts By Using Steroid Creams and Other Medications
If the skin is treated with strong steroid creams or antihistamine drugs to stop the rash, the toxins are suppressed deeper into the body and cannot escape through the skin; this may cause health problems to appear on a deeper level in the future.
Steroid creams should only be used intermittently for short periods of time. Long term use of steroid creams causes loss of collagen in the skin resulting in thinning and wrinkling of the skin.
EMF’s And How To Neutralize Them
EMF’s can cause your body to go crazy with itch as it clashes with your cells, and it also can disrupt your sleep patterns. Deep sleep is one of the most important things you’ll need to heal from psoriasis or eczema!
Where do EMF’s come from?
There are many devices claiming they neutralize the effects of emf’s however we’ve discovered lots of them are non-sense and do nothing at all. EMF’s come out of wireless phones (5g phones are the absolute worse for the amount of radiation they emit), tablets, laptops, bluetooth, modem and just about anything else that’s wireless.
How Do I Protect Myself Against EMF’s?
The fastest most basic ways to help protect at least part of the time is to
- Turn your modem off at night
- Put your smartphone onto airplane mode (which cuts out the wifi) anytime you don’t need to be connected
- Sleep as far away from smart meters as you can, they radiate an astronomical amount of EMF’s. (If you’re in an apartment block you might have one next to you on a shared wall without even knowing it. Acoustimeters are a great tool to find out where the hotspots in your house are and in many places they can be rented or hired for a day so you don’t have to spend so much.
The above things are all free to do. Here are more things you can do which are especially helpful if you’re in a workplace or on the go a lot.
Lots of products can shield you from EMF and they are very effective, however extremely expensive, you can also measure their effectiveness with an acoustimeter (see youtube for tons of examples of acoustimeters being used to show how effective some shielding products are).
Another way that is almost impossible to measure except for the obvious (like suddenly no itch being present) is the use of cell resonance devices. Which basically change the bad waves into something positive your body loves that resonates instead of destroys. The best one we’ve found is this Portable resonance device. It’s quite handy because it can fit inside a purse or backpack if you’re on the go.
There are many portable cell resonance devices, but how effective they are is questionable. Do your own research and find something that has reviews from people with chronic illness that have noticed a significant difference when they use these devices.
If you find something that’s really good, let us know and we’ll add it to this article. Unfortunately we haven’t been that lucky yet with finding something that truly works apart from this one.
Quick Recap on How To Soothe The Itchiness
- Decrease the amount of “warming foods” you are eating
- Take a little bit of bentonite clay in water to help detox you internally
- Pamper your liver by taking digestive bitters, omega 3 and selenium
- Use EMF shields or resonance devices.